Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Crooked Tree, Part 2


This morning as I was walking there was that little crooked tree again.  I thought okay God you keep putting this little tree in my mind to teach me a lesson.  Although this little tree is now dormant and its leaves have fallen, the branches are still reaching toward heaven.  It is if the tree knows that it will blossom out and bloom again as long as it stays focused on its purpose.  This tree is a beautiful creation of God just as I am.  I may not be as beautiful as this little tree but I am a creation of God.  With its branches, although now barren, reaching toward heaven it reminds me that I need to stay focused in God's Word and the plan He has for my life.  Just as this tree is bent over I sometimes bend under the heavy load I carry when all I need to do is give that load over to Jesus.  He is walking beside me everyday and tells me to give all my burdens over to him.  Just like everyone else I want to be in control of what is happening in my life and when I thoroughly mess it up and can no longer fix it that is when I give it to God.  It is so simple so why do we fight it.  We need to remember one word and that word is FROG, "Fully Rely on God."  Trust the light at the end of the tunnel for it is the Glory of God shining through!

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.   Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:33-34

Several years ago Tanya Tucker recorded a song "Strong Enough to Bend" and it goes something like this: 

There's a tree out in the backyard
That never has been broken by the wind
And the reason it's still standing
It was strong enough to bend

Remember when those troubles come your way don't forget to FROG and you will be strong enough to bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment