Sunday, January 27, 2013

Children of the Heavenly Father


For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.  And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”  Romans 8:14-15
 
When my heart is broken it is to my Heavenly Father I run for I know that He will lift me up and gather me in His arms and shelter me from whatever comes my way.  I have had my heart broken so many times during my 67 years on this earth, I wondered if I my heart would ever be whole again, if the pieces would ever be mended back together.  God's word tells me to fully put my trust in Him and have faith that everything is going to be okay.  He does not say that hurts will not come my way but that when they do He will lift me in His arms and carry me when the load is just to heavy for me to bear.

Children of the Heavenly Father
by Karolina Sandell-Berg, 1858
 
Children of the heavenly Father
Safely in His bosom gather;
Nestling bird not star in Heaven
Such a refuge ever was given.
 
God His own doth ten and nourish;
In His holy courts they flourish;
From all evil things He spares them;
In His mighty arms He bears them.

No comments:

Post a Comment