Friday, September 21, 2012

Last Day of Summer

Today is the last day of summer and I am so ready for it to be over.  Summer this year has been really hot with over 40 days of triple digits.  The temperatures are starting to cool down and it is beginning to feel like fall.  Since we are going to be gone most of the day tomorrow I decided to go ahead and do the fall decorating.  I love all the different shades of red, gold and burgundy.  All the bright colors make a person feel good.  Here are a few pictures of the decorations.




 










 


Since today was a decorating day I decided something simple for dinner was in order.  We had some leftover chicken so Chicken Wraps it was along with a Strawberry/Mango Salad sprinkled with just enough coconut to sweeten.



The house is beginning to take on the smells of fall.  There have been pumpkin candles burning this afternoon and now 6 pounds of apples are cooking in the crock pot for Apple Sauce.  We have been out for a couple of weeks so I told my sweetie that I would make him some more as he likes to have it with his breakfast. 
 
 




Yummy!! I love the smells of fall.

As I said earlier we are going to be gone most of tomorrow as we have Celebrate Recovery Leadership Training tomorrow morning and then a barbecue/potluck picnic with our CR Forever Family after the training.  Since I won't have time to prepare anything tomorrow morning I am making a Pasta Salad tonight.  Pasta Salad is actually much better the next day as all the flavors will have been absorbed by the pasta and the veggies.
 
 
 
Time to say goodnight and head in to the living room and watch a little TV with my sweetie.  Y'all have a blessed weekend.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment