Friday, May 18, 2012

Give Thanks




Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

The Lord's goodness surrounds us no matter where we are.  Circumstances happen in life and we feel like the burden is to great to bear.  We wonder how in the world can I give thanks when my world is falling apart.  That's just it, we can't give thanks when we are depending on the world.  God's Word tells us to REJOICE, PRAY, and GIVE THANKS and He will lead us through to the other side.  When I get out of the way and let God take control I can feel His sweet spirit all around me as He tells me rest my child I've got this.

Now Thank We All Our God

Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.

Oh, may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and blessed peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
And guard us through all ills in this world, till the next!

All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given,
The Son and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven;
The one eternal God, Whom earth and Heav’n adore;
For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.
Martin Rinkart

No comments:

Post a Comment